Greetings, everyone! Today a new major update has been released, the most feature-packed since Season 3's launch, Patch 3.5 - The Miscellaneous Update. This update brings many new changes such as new artifacts, new ways to spend crystals, new quests, and more. Let's get right into the update notes!
The Crystal Merchant 🤵
A new shop has opened up in spawn! The Crystal Merchant has arrived with many new wares for you to purchase. As the name suggests, this is a new way for you to spend your crystals. With today's introduction of the merchant, there are a total of 9 items for sale ranging in rarity and price.
Furniture Cache: This is a new cache that contains a random furniture item. McMMO Credits: This is a new account unlock of 20x MCMMO credits.
Blessing of Ares: A familiar artifact that enhances your strength.
Rusted Key: A familiar rusty key that can give you a random key. (now also dungeon keys!)
Block Track: An item first introduced in the recent Patch 3.4, this adds a tracker to the tool of your own choice which counts the number of blocks broken.
Kill Track: A new item that adds a tracker to the weapon of your own choice which counts the number of mobs you have slain.
Unbreakable: Enchant an item of your own choice with the Unbreakable enchantment. This will make the item not take any durability damage, ever.
Soul Tether: Enchant an item of your own choice with the Soul Tether enchantment. This will make the item not drop on death, ever.
Telekinesis. This is a brand new enchantment introduced with today's update. Enchant a tool or weapon of your own choice with this enchantment. This will make all drops and experience orbs go directly into your inventory. Magic!
New Artifacts 🖼️
Today's update brings a total of 15 brand-new Artifacts to the server. This almost doubles the total amount of Artifact items you can find on the server. You can find these primarily from both the Modest and Heavy Artifact caches, which are awarded from several activities including playtime, voting, dungeons, and quests.
Here is a list of all the new artifacts and what they are useful for:
Blessing of Athena: Using this blessing activates a global +5% Jobs Money for the next one hour.
Blessing of Hermes: Using this blessing activates a personal +2% Artifact boost for the next one hour. If you redeem several of these blessings at once, their timer will stack.
Blessing of Aphrodite: Using this blessing heals everyone in your world to maximum health.
Exceptional Flask of Experience: Drinking this flask adds +20 Vanilla levels to your inventory experience. This is levels and not experience, meaning if you are already level 250, drinking this will set you to level 270.
Skull of the First Ones: This is a new quest item that you can turn in for rewards. More details are under the 'New Quests' section.
Greater Flask of Experience: Drinking this flask adds +10 Vanilla levels to your inventory experience. This is levels and not experience, meaning if you are already level 250, drinking this will set you to level 260.
Ancient Amber: This is a new quest item that you can turn in for rewards. More details are under the 'New Quests' section.
Moderate Flask of Experience: Drinking this flask adds +5 Vanilla levels to your inventory experience. This is levels and not experience, meaning if you are already level 250, drinking this will set you to level 255.
Stout of Dionysus: Drinking this Stout will give you a random effect between levels 3-10 for the next 30 minutes.
Quill of Pythagoras: This is a new quest item that you can turn in for rewards. More details are under the 'New Quests' section.
Lesser Flask of Experience: Drinking this flask adds +2 Vanilla levels to your inventory experience. This is levels and not experience, meaning if you are already level 250, drinking this will set you to level 252.
Mending Necklace: Using this necklace will restore you to maximum health.
Soul Gem: Consuming this soul gem will give you a random effect between levels 1-2 for the next 15 minutes.
Lost Bounty: This is a new quest item that you can turn in for rewards. More details are under the 'New Quests' section.
Dinosaur Bone: This is a new quest item that you can turn in for rewards. More details are under the 'New Quests' section.
New Quests 🗺️
Five new quests have been added with today's update all revolving around collecting and delivering special artifacts to The Archaeologist. He can be found on the neighboring spawn island.
Skull of the First Ones: The Archaeologist is seeking the Skull of the First Ones. The very creators of the mortal realm, and the makers of the Titans and Gods. This quest item can be found in the 'Flames of the Nether' dungeon.
Ancient Amber: The Archaeologist is seeking Ancient Ambers. They are rumored to hold great powers. This quest item can be found in The Forgotten Temple dungeon.
Quill of Pythagoras: The Archaeologist is seeking Quills of Pythagoras. This quest item can be found in Modest and Heavy Artifact Caches.
Lost Bounty: The Archaeologist is seeking Lost Bounty. This quest item can be found in Modest and Heavy Artifact Caches, as well as from monsters inside all dungeons.
Dinosaur Bones: The Archaeologist is seeking Dinosaur Bones. This quest item can be found in Modest Artifact Caches.
Town Additions 🏠
The major addition to the Towns system this update is the new Town Flags feature. This will allow you to customize more settings for your town and plots including:
- Toggling mob griefing (can endermen pick up blocks, etc?)
- Toggling monster spawning (can hostile mobs spawn inside townland?)
- Toggling public build access (can anyone build here?)
- Toggling public container access (can anyone access containers here?)
- Toggling public interact access (can anyone interact with doors, levers, etc here?)
These settings can be accessed with the new /town settings command and they work on all claim types (regular, farm, plot).
Other Town Changes
- Updated the /town help command with new commands and tips.
- Town claims and founding now also have a timestamp.
- Fixed Skeletons being able to break tile entities in townland.
- Fixed town renaming causing issues if renaming to the same town name but with different capitalization.
- Fixed town disbanding not properly updating cache and thus not being properly disbanded until a server reboot.
- More caching improvements should hopefully alleviate the occasional 'loading town data' stuck issue.
Chat Games 🎲
The highly requested chat games have returned. As in Season 2, they function on a per-world basis. You can find chat games in the Blue, Green, and Red worlds.
For those unfamiliar with the system as it was in the past, it is essentially a reaction game. Every so often, a chat game will appear, and the first to either type the keyphrase highlighted, or guess the word will win the reaction game and win a small prize.
Winning these chat games also adds you to the leaderboards, which you can find in the Hall of Fame or directly with /reaction top.
Map Art Improvements 🎨
I have noticed that a lot of players enjoy making Map Art creations and selling them. To make this a much more enjoyable process, two new systems debuts with today's update to help people creating Map Art.
First of all, the way Map data is stored has changed from vanilla, which means maps data can now be stored in a global database and thus will sync properly across worlds (servers). This means Map Art will no longer be limited to the world it was made in.
To make a map sync across all worlds, you must use a Cartography Table and lock the map. This is done through placing the desired Map as well as a Glass Pane inside the Cartography Table. (must be a Cartography Table, and not the virtual command).
And secondly, a new 'copyright' system has been added for Map Art. If you have made a Map Art, you can sign it with the new command: /signit which will prevent other players from making copies of your artwork. This means you decide how many copies of your art exist, and others cannot copy and re-sell your art. This command is available with the Broker+ in-game rank.
- /signit - adds 'copyright' to the Map Art. Only you can clone it.
- /unsignit - removes the 'copyright' from the Map Art. Anyone can clone it again.
And more... 📚
- Rusted Keys now have a chance to drop Dungeon and Accessory Keys.
- The custom global boost system now has a queue system. This ensures no boosters are accidentally lost. If you activate a global booster when another booster of the same type already is active, it will be activated right after the existing one ends.
- A piece of new furniture 'The Weeping Angel' statue is now available in the Furniture Merchant and from the new Furniture Cache. This is the statue that's been present at the crates area in spawn since release. Finally, you can get it!
- Redstone Blocks are now not a part of Redstone's chunk limitations. This should help people who need the color red for Map Art creations.
- Added Blessing of Ares & Blessing of Aphrodite to the Dungeon Crate.
- The Nether and Resource World has been reset and is now once again fresh with materials for you to gather. This happens every 1-2 months or as needed.
That's all for now folks! Hope you enjoy this update!